Recently Cool Cats Group announced its partnership with web3 game developer, Animoca Brands. Here's what you need to know:
- Cool Cats Group received a strategic investment from Animoca Brands to “unlock the next frontier of gaming”
- Animoca Brands is a leading digital entertainment, blockchain and gaming company
- They are advancing digital property rights for gaming and the open metaverse
- They have developed products like SAND token and Otherside, a metaverse game with Yuga Labs (BAYC)
- The Cool Cats sales volume jumped 220% in the 24 hours following this announcement
- Expand in new global markets (particularly Asia) with new audiences in the broader gaming community
- Accelerate Cool Cat’s mission to become the largest global NFT brand, media, and content company
- Build on their existing partnership with Animoca Subsidiary, GAMEE — a gaming space connecting creators, brands, and players
- Provide more unique offerings and experiences to the Cool Cats community
Fast growth can often sound like more of a dream than it is, in reality. It requires enormous capital investment and an executive team with deep experience in global expansion.
This is exactly why I'm reviewing this strategy as a 4.5/5 for Cool Cats Group and Animoca Brands.
- There’s a familiarity with one another via previous partnerships
- There is a long-standing relationship among the executives in each company
- These executives and teams have considerable experience executing this level of accelerated growth
- Ken Cron, Executive Chairman of Cool Cats Group, is an Advisor to Animoca Brands’ Board of Directors
- The partnership benefits both companies broadly. While also prioritizing benefits to the existing collector base that enabled this growth
- Cool Cats + Cool Pets collectors and community receive access to unique and immersive game experiences
The Cool Cats team has been transparent about their goals:
- use gaming to expand the Cool Cats ecosystem
- continually increase the value of the MILK token, and
- execute this grow with the community in mind
Time will tell how successful they are in reaching those goals. But (on paper at least) this partnership lives up to those commitments and brings them one step closer.
Disclaimer: this article reviews Cool Cat Group + Animoca Brands' recent web3 business decisions. It is not a reflection or statement of my views of these companies or any other areas of their businesses.